This introductory video to Inform 7, an interactive fiction editor, is well worth watching for anyone who does automated software testing. The path labelling, automatic session recording and replay abilities are fantastic and something I wish I had in every development project. Tweet
Looks like the Australian Army is fully prepared for the Galaga onslaught. Tweet
If you’ve signed up for a website or installed commercial software sometime in the last 10 years there’s a pretty good chance that you’ve been asked to read through a document that would give War and Peace a run for its money before then agreeing to its content. There’s also a pretty good chance that [...]
I’ve never owned a Sony console before, so I was quite surprised that I wanted to pick up the PS Vita. There was something about it that seemed to address a large number of my frustrations with the current state state of mobile gaming, so I picked one up on a whim (narrowly missing the [...]
I shouldn’t enjoy jelly cups as much as I do. The addition of whipped cream may be a bit much, though… Tweet
Even after 18 years, Daytona is still one of the best games in the arcade. Tweet
Being IT tech support for your family and friends seems to be one of the most hated “perks” of being tech savvy. I’m forever hearing stories about distant relatives who only ring every 6 months when their printer goes on the blink, or that time you wasted 3 hours on the phone trying to set [...]
If you scan the events calendar of your local Microsoft-related user groups and conventions there’s a pretty good chance that a large proportion of the presentations involve one of the following scenarios: A rundown of all the cool features in a product or tool A demonstration of a subset of a product or tool’s features, [...]
This article is part of a series of posts that originated in a talk I did at the 2011 Perth SharePoint Saturday event. Around 10 years ago, when the IT industry needed to pinch another fancy title for itself after engineers got sick of us using their professional title, the term “architect” started popping up [...]
As previously mentioned, I spoke at the Perth leg of this year’s SharePoint Saturday. The slides I used during the presentation are below: I had originally intended to present a light overview of what Business Process Management is, list some of the tools then do a deep dive into how BizTalk 2010 and SharePoint work [...]
- Refreshing Reports using URL access in Reporting Services July 9, 2009
- The Rumble In The Jungle July 14, 2008
- Your Application is CRUD! April 24, 2008
- Coolest. Thing. Ever. July 25, 2008
- Consulting Contracts for Developers 101 March 23, 2011
- How Interactive Fiction authors approach testing October 7, 2012
- 8-bit Army October 6, 2012
- I accept the terms in the license agreement… I think October 5, 2012
- First impressions of the PS Vita October 4, 2012
- My secret shame October 4, 2012
- http://www.wethefreepeople.org/blog/view/18050/Minecraft-what-Exactly-is-This-thriller-persons-are-talking-about: What's Happening i'm new to this, I stumbled u...
- Garry: Looks like it's called MARPAT, or is at least bas...
- Garry: Exactly, that's why I wrote this. Fixed price con...
- Will Hughes: There's also a third situation where both sides w...
- Your Questions About – Mods For Minecraft | Mod For Minecraft: [...] game called "MINECRAFT" that'...
About The Author
I'm a Solution Architect living in Perth, Western Australia. When I'm not helping to bridge the gap between IT and business or building awesome solutions I can be found playing with my kids or plucking a guitar.
- @cupoftahlie In what way were they unprofessional? Slang? Swearing? General casualness? 8 hours ago
- @PuddStrikesBack Then you take things to the next level by singing the theme song. “Dashing and daring, courageous and caring…” 8 hours ago
- @PuddStrikesBack It’s even more gangsta if you’re watching Gummi Bears while eating gummy bears. 8 hours ago
- @callumj NO TICKETS FOR YOU 9 hours ago
- @AbstractCode I just read the word “unprotected” & thought you were going in a different direction. “So THAT’S how we got so many subsites!” 11 hours ago